Covid-19: Getting Back Together
DoubleTree Hotel, 50 Kingsmill Rd, Williamsburg - 8:30am and 10:30am
Stream online at 10:30am on the WATCH LIVE page.
WHAT TO EXPECT THIS SUNDAY
- PEOPLE. Old. Young. Regulars. Newcomers. Babies. Kids. Those who are waiting to hug and high-five and those who are cautious about stepping outside. Be courteous, kind and filled with grace - this season of social isolation has impacted us all differently.
- PROTECTION. We're working hard with the Doubletree Hotel staff to ensure that you are in a safe environment according to all the relevant guidelines. We'll have face-masks and hand-sanitizer available, thermometers at the kids' check-in stations and seating that is appropriately distanced in the auditorium.
FAMILIES WITH YOUNG CHILDREN PLEASE RSVP - This helps to ensure we are able to keep our kids and our amazing team of volunteers safe according to the latest guidelines and best practices.
- PERMISSION. For those in a high-risk category from exposure to COVID-19 we'll continue to livestream our services online at 10:30am each week on our website. If you are feeling unwell, have had exposure to the Coronavirus or are showing any flu-like symptoms, please refrain from attending the services until you feel better. Go ahead, sleep in and join us from your living room - you have our full permission!
- PURPOSE. The greek word for church - Eklesia - is defined as the "gathering of God's people". We need each other and can only fully experience the presence and power of the Holy Spirit when we are together. This is how we know Christ and make Him known in the world.
- PERMANENCE. The Doubletree has opened up its facility for our church family for foreseeable future - so this Sunday is not a 'one-off' event, rather the beginning of a new chapter in the life of our church that will likely last throughout the end of 2020. It is a space that enables us to continue to grow while we continue to pursue God's leading in finding a permanent church home.